One of the biggest charity events of the year in Pittsburgh is happening on Monday, November 18 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center – and tickets are still available to join in on the action!
Best Buddies Pennsylvania’s fourth annual TasteBuds event will feature 30 Pittsburgh chefs, who have been paired up with “buddies,” or those in the community with intellectual and developmental disabilities, to serve as sous chefs. Together, they’ve been working to create and serve signature dishes, which will be served at the event.
“These talented chefs dedicate weeks of their time to build a relationship with their buddies that is even more incredible than their delicious meals,’ says Samantha Civitate, of Best Buddies.
Participating chefs this year include:
- Kate Lasky, Apteka
- Justin Steel, Bar Marco
- Meghann Walsh, Cioppino
- Dominique Carnovale Metcalfe, David L. Lawrence Convention Center
- Chad Townsend, Millie’s Homemade Ice Cream
- Jerry Winkaleblech, Osteria 2350
- Nick Mineo, Sausalido
- Jeff Maag, Eddie Merlot’s
- Kevin Sousa, Superior Motors
- Derek Stevens, Union Standard
- Becca Romagnoli, The Vandal
- Justin Severino, Morcilla
- Alex Balint, Doce Taqueria
- Steve Lanzilotti, Talia
- Matt Stover, Il Pizzaiolo
- Niven Sabherwal, Allegheny Tea & Coffee Exchange
- Adam & Diana Kucenic, Muddy Waters Oyster Bar
- Jessica Lewis, Spirts & Tales
- Phillip Morton, Home
- Pete Tolman, Iron Born
- Scott Walton, Acorn
- Dave Anoia, DiAnoia’s Eatery
- Andrew Stump, Madeline Bakery & Bistro
- Csilla Thackray, Legume
- Dustin Gardner, Casbah
- Daniele Brenci, Rivendale Farms
- Lou Ickles, Brillobox
- Lino Rengifo, Nayli’s
- LJ Klink, Luke Wholey’s Wild Alaskan Grille
- Ben Richardson, Cinderlands Beer Co.
Tickets are $125 per person, and include a limited open bar, live entertainment, a silent auction, and tasting samples from all participating chefs and restaurants. Last year’s event raised a record $160,000 for the Best Buddies Pennsylvania, and since its inaugural event in 2016, TasteBuds has raised more than $335,000, and funded more than 20 buddy programs.
TasteBuds is happening on Monday, November 18 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center Grand Concourse.
For more information, visit the event page.