It’s a yearly Pittsburgh tradition that celebrates one of the city’s most famous citizens.
On Saturday, November 13 in honor of World Kindness Day, WQED is encouraging people to express their kindness by wearing a cardigan sweater in spirit of Fred Rogers – and to share it on social media.
This will be the station’s fourth-annual Cardigan Day, and the station is asking everyone in Pittsburgh and beyond to post their cardigan-clad photos on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #CardiganDay.
This year, the station is hosting six ‘kindness’ selfie stations across the city to encourage selfies and shares.
Kindness stations include:
- Wilkinsburg: Nancy’s Diner, 616 South Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15221
- The Sandwich Shop & Deli, 121 Brownsville Ave, Brownsville, PA 15417
- Bethel Bakery, 2500 Washington Rd, Canonsburg, PA 15317 (North Strabane Location)
- de Fer Coffee & Tea, 2002 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 (Strip District Location)
- Riverstone Books, 8850 Covenant Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15237 (McCandless Crossing)
- Bakery Square, 6425 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
To help celebrate, de Fer Coffee & Tea will be serving a one-day-only strawberry chocolate-covered latte on Saturday called ‘Sweater Weather,’ and cartoonist Joe Wos will be at Riverstone Books from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to sign books and offer free drawings (Cardigan Day cartoon sheets are available to download here).
Comic Billy Gardell joined Rick Sebak to share the news about Cardigan Day, and offered a step-by-step tutorial for how to participate.
For more information, visit the event page.