Piper’s Pub is giving you a pretty incredible reason to call off work this Wednesday.
That’s because they’ll be hosting their 7th annual ‘Imperial Breakfast’ event on Wednesday, April 18 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., and if you love really rare beers, it’s an event that you won’t want to miss.
At the South Side breakfast event, you’ll find a selection of hard-to-find and highly-rated brews, like Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout, Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout (brewed in maple syrup barrels) and Epic Double Barrel Big Bad Baptist. These heavyweight beers will be paired with a stellar brunch menu, featuring over-the-top menu items like their ‘Donut Bomb’ sandwich, where two Just Good Donut doughnuts serve as the ‘bread,’ and are stuffed with chicken fried sweet sausage, cheddar and eggs.
The beer list includes:
- Roundabout Mimosa Gose
- Founders KBS
- Founders CBS
- Troeg’s Barrel Aged Impending Descent
- Troeg’s Bourbon Barrel Aged Troegenator
- Hitchhiker Double Shakes Imperial Coffee Porter
- Epic Big Bad Baptist
- Epic Big Bad Baptista
- Epic Double Barrel Big Bad Baptist
- Alesmith Jamaican Blue Mountain Speedway Stout
- Thirsty Dog Barrel Aged Imperial Leghumper Porter
- Great Lakes Barrel Aged Blackout Stout
And the food menu? It looks insane:
- The Donut Bomb: Two glazed Just Good Donates, chicken fried sweet sausage, cheddar, an over-medium egg with O’Brien potatoes
- Black Watch Boxty: A burger boxty with seasoned ground beef, cheddar, Vindaloo bacon candy, red onion, baby greens, whole grain mustard and egg
- Chicken Fried Steak Biscuit: Fresh-baked buttermilk biscuit topped with chicken fried sirloin steak smothered in country sausage gravy
- Fried Chicken & Waffles: Crispy fried chicken piled on top of a fluffy Belgian waffle, covered with sausage gravy or jalapeno bacon maple syrup
- Strawberry Rhubarb Waffle: Belgian waffles topped with a Roundabout Mimosa Gose fresh strawberry rhubarb jam, creamy mascarpone and fresh berry garnish
- Grilled Zucchini Frittata Boxty: A boxty stuffed with scrambled egg, grilled zucchini, portobello mushrooms, grape tomatoes and provolone
- The Pub Benedict Biscuit: A buttermilk biscuit topped with a Scotch egg, smothered in country gravy and drizzled with Sriracha
You can find out more about the event on the event page.
Piper’s Pub (1828 East Carson Street)