Get ready for a picklelicious good time at one of Pittsburgh’s favorite festivals.
This year’s Picklesburgh will be taking over the Roberto Clemente Bridge on Friday, July 28 and Saturday, July 29 with pickling demonstrations, vendors, pickled cocktails, and lots (and lots) of pickle-infused delights.
Nineteen restaurants and chefs will be serving up a variety of dishes and drinks that feature pickles in new and unique ways, like Chocolate-covered Dill Pickle Chips, Potato and Pickle Pierogies and Pickle-flavored Soft Pretzels.
We’ve got the full list of all of the menu items that will be available, and trust us – you won’t want to miss a single bite.
Vendors and menu items include:
- Aunt Carols Gourmet Dips – Ready-to-eat pickles and dilly beans, served with gourmet dips in a variety of flavors
- Braddock’s Pittsburgh Brasserie – The house-made Braddock’s Hot Dog includes pickled shishito peppers, house-made bread & butter pickles, house-made pickle relish, sliced tomato, mustard, all on a poppy seed bun
- BRGR – Peter’s Pickled Pepper Burger with thick-cut salami, pepper jack cheese, house-pickled bell peppers, banana peppers, pickle chips, and chipotle aioli. Also available are yummy pickled foods including: fried pickles with house made ranch; kimchi hot dogs; Chachos with smoked chicken and Jamaican pickle relish; Cocktails include: “Millions of Peaches” with white rum, triple sec, peach soda, and pickled peaches and “Luchadore” with Tecate, mezcal, pickle shot
- Burgh Bites – Fried pickles, fresh and spicy pickled toppings, and a variety of hot dogs including the famous “Picklesburgh Dog”
- Chocolate Moonshine Company – Gourmet fudges, chocolate covered dill pickle chips, and a “pickled” fudge made exclusively for Picklesburgh
- Dina Colada Enterprises – Fabulous face painting and refreshing drinks – located near the Kids Area! Picklesburgh specials include a Dill Pickle Bubble Tea & Margarita Pickle mocktail, various bubble teas and frappuccinos, frozen hot chocolate, and cotton candy
- Fabulous Homemade Cookies – Peanut butter pickle cookies, molasses pickle cookies, sauerkraut brownies, pickle cupcakes, and more
- Gosia’s Pierogies – A large array of pierogies including potato and cheese, potato and pickle, sweet cabbage, kimchi, potato and feta, sweet potato, and sauerkraut
- The I’Dill Pickle (PGH Irish Festival) – Presenting favorites such as the bacon wrapped fried pickle, the brie stuffed fried pickle, and new for 2017, a bacon wrapped AND brie-stuffed fried pickle!
- LaScola’s Italian Ice – Basil Lemonade, Dill Pickle Italian ice, custards, Italian ice in various flavors
- Le’s Oriental – Pickle eggrolls, grilled pickle on a stick, and other pickle-inspired Asian fusion cuisine
- Patti’s Pastries – Delicious cupcakes, ladylocks, and other baked goods, featuring four special pickled treats: Dillicious Pickle Cupcake, Sweet & Heat Pickle Cupcake, Fudgie Sauerkraut Cupcake, and Crazy Pickled Jalapeño Lady Lock
- Pickled Chef – A variety of pickled vegetables, sauces and condiments. Delicious grilled cheese sandwiches with pickled ingredients
- Pittsburgh Ice Cream Co. – Creative artisan ice creams and sorbets made with only Western PA Dairy: check back for last year’s favorites Lemon Jalapeno, Dill Pickle, and Goat Rhubarb plus all new flavor creations for 2017!
- Pretzel Revolution – Unique pickled pretzel and hot dog offerings including: pickle flavored soft pretzel dough (made with blended pickles and hand rolled); Pickle Cheese Dogs; Pickle Cheese Pretzel; and pickle stuffed pretzels
- Richard DeShantz Restaurant Group – Representing Meat & Potatoes, tako, Butcher and the Rye with a variety of delicious foods featuring house-cured pickled toppings
- Sienna Mercato – Virgin or alcoholic pickled cocktails, featuring: Pickled Lemonade, Pickled Peach Sweet Tea, and Strawberry Lemonade, and delicious food
- Simon’s Food Concessions – Pickle chips, hot dogs with a special pickle sauce; plus fries, funnel cake, and all your favorite festival staples!
- Spirit – Fresh fired wood oven pizzas with a variety of artisan pickled toppings including spicy pickled carrots and sauerkraut; and delicious cocktails
There will also be plenty of pickle merchandise available for purchase. Highlights include:
- The Brinery at Two Acre Farm – Pickled shrubs and dill, sweet, spicy, and flavored pickles all made from local ingredients and a custom spice blend
- Epic Pickles – From York PA, and offering a variety of pickled produce including: string beans (dill & spicy), asparagus (dill & spicy), sarrots (sweet ginger & spicy), cauliflower, okra, cucumber pickles (Kosher, garlic, Old Bay, spicy, hot)
- Pittsburgh Pickle Co. – Pickles by the jar, pepper jams and rubs, cold pack onions, pepper relish, banana and jalapeno peppers. Also available ready to eat: hot dogs featuring house-made pepper relish
- Portogallo Peppers – Jars of Portogallo Peppers N’AT, Spicy Giardiniera, and Hot Giardiniera
- Byler’s Relish House – Pickled garlic, pickles of all varieties, pickled beets, all kinds of relishes, jams of all flavors, plus many sugar-free jams
- McLaughlin Distillery – Artisan craft spirits and moonshines from local Sewickley distillery, featuring three pickled moonshines made exclusively for Picklesburgh: PGH Sweet Pickle, PGH Hot Pickle, and PGH Dill Pickle
The event runs from noon to 10:00 p.m. both days, and will also feature live music, a pickle-brine drinking contest, and (of course) the 35-foot giant Heinz pickle balloon flying high over the bridge all weekend.
For more information, visit the event page.