Cafe Liminal, a cafe serving organic, vegan, and gluten-free breakfast, lunch and dinner options, is now open in the Strip District.
The eatery officially opened on July 1, after taking over the former Colony Cat Cafe space at 1125 Penn Avenue. Though the restaurant has both upstairs and downstairs seating, in accordance with Allegheny County’s current closure of bars and restaurants, in-person dining has been paused, but takeout and delivery are available.
Owner Anthony Curtis first launched Cafe Liminal at Smallman Galley, as an offshoot of his first concept, Steel City Subs. On the menu, you’ll find vegetable-forward bowls, hearty salads, sandwiches made on gluten-free bread, and large plates.
The menu includes:
- Focus Bowl: zucchini, carrots, riced cauliflower, cucumber, radish, celery, Broccolini, asparagus, olives, scallions, avocado, lime, oregano, and olive oil
- Nourish Bowl: kale, spinach, house bone broth, mushroom, garlic, avocado, riced broccoli cauliflower, Lupin flakes, and olive oil
- Revive Bowl: Steel City Greens, avocado, Broccolini, riced cauliflower, carrots, cilantro with almond butter drizzle on side
- Breakfast Bowl: riced broccoli, cauliflower, kale, cabbage, avocado, chili with a poached egg (in shell)
- Breakfast Salad: kale, cabbage, avocado, sweet potato, pasture-raised bacon, poached egg with house dressing
- ABC Salad: apples, broccoli, celery, avocado, asparagus and pumpkin seed with apple cider vinaigrette
- Power Cobb Salad: Steel City Greens, egg, avocado, cucumber, Kalamata olive and onion with Tumeric vinaigrette
- Perfect Garden Salad: Steel City Greens, spinach, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and Broccolini with house dressing
- Produce Terminal: A sandwich made on gluten-free focaccia with hummus, arugula, microgreens, sprouts, red pepper, carrots, onion, apple, avocado, cucumber, pumpkin seed, and extra virgin olive oil
- Grass Fed Sirloin Plate: Served with mashed cauliflower and shaved roasted Brussels sprouts
- Breakfast Chimi: With organic chicken, eggs, and avocado hollandaise
Organic chicken or grass-fed steak can also be added to all menu options.
Cafe Liminal will be open for takeout and delivery (through Grubhub and their website) Mondays through Fridays from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., and Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Cafe Liminal (1125 Penn Avenue)