Kennywood is reopening for the 2020 season… but things are going to look a little different this year.
The beloved amusement park in West Mifflin has just announced that it will open to the public on Saturday, July 11.
In order to maintain safe practices, there will be a number of new restrictions and procedures in place, including limiting capacity, promoting social distancing, and tough-free payment requirements. Other requirements inlucde:
- Guests will need to register for the date they wish to visit in advance, in addition to their regularly purchased ticket or season pass. Kennywood will have limits on how many people are able to register on each day at the park.
- All guests, team members, suppliers and contracted partners will have their temperatures scanned before entering the park. Those with a temperature of 100.4°F or higher, or displaying other symptoms of COVID-19 will be denied entry.
- Facial coverings for all are required, except children under three and those with a valid medical condition.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be set up throughout the park.
- Kennywood is requiring a social distance of six feet between parties.
The RSVP system will be available for guests to reserve their spots beginning on Wednesday, June 17. Dates will be released in phases, and more open dates will be added throughout the season.
The park will also be hosting a special Friends & Family Day on July 6, and Season Passholder and Preview Days from July 7 through July 10.
For more information, and to find the link to purchase tickets, visit Kennywood’s Summer Guide.
Looking for more Kennywood stories?